How can you keep track of what is being said about you online? And why should you bother?
Online reputation management is a growing concern of business today. Your online reputation is very important. Whether your business is online or offline, customers and clients are discussing you and your business with their friends and colleagues. You need to be part of that conversation.
If the conversation is positive, terrific! Leave a note thanking the commenter. If customers are giving suggestions on how you could improve, again thank them and make sure that you make a note of it. If a negative comment is seen, reply, offering to speak or email directly to them or have them contact your customer service.
5 simple ways to monitor when you or your business are mentioned online:
- Google alerts– allows you to search for specific terms and sends results to your email or rss reader
- Copyscape– searches for your content plagiarized on the web
- Newsle.com– gives you news about you and your network
- Talkwalker -monitor your business on social media
- Mention– helps you listen to what is being said about your business
Be sure to put a system in place to regularly monitor, respond and repair (if needed) your reputation online.
Need help with reputation monitoring or repair for you or your small business? Contact us for a free consultations and to see how we might help.