Sitting outside before the snow came back last week, I saw an amazing sight more close up than ever before. Newly hatched baby robins were in the nest with their mouths open to the sky, eagerly stretching to eat. A few thoughts came to my mind about how I should be like that baby robin.
What I noticed about the baby robins:
- Trust- mom will be back. Do I trust God even when he doesn’t seem immediately present?
- Eager- to eat nourishment- do I hunger and thirst after righteousness?
- Accepting- of what mom gave. Am I accepting of all that God gives me even if it isn’t what I asked for?
- Always hungry- mouths wide open, unashamed. Do I continue to want to grow in Christ and be fed from his Word often?
- Still- waiting patiently in the nest, waiting to receive. Have I taken time to be still and know that God is?
- The nest shakes as the branch sways but the baby birds don’t run off out of fear of falling. They don’t seem scared at all-only hungry lol. When the circumstances of my life get shaken up and things seem unstable, do I hold on to God?
- They don’t fear the hungry cats below- Do I fear my enemies or do I always remember that evil is defeated and God has not given me a spirit of fear?
I love how God speaks through his creation.
Dear Lord, make me more like the baby robin. Help me to fully trust you and seek you always. Amen.